Monday, 14 April 2014

A better kind of Monday!

Three things that made my Monday.
So last week I provided you with a drab list of everything that went wrong with my Monday and today I wanted to even things out a bit.

1. Reading Week- 
This week I have off from Uni as well as next week. They give us a reading week in top of our easter break, basically in the subjects that have a lot of reading content and not as much to cover in Tutorials. So I have a bit of freedom and I've been really preparing to write the two really big essays that I have. So for two of my Units, there is only one essay, (as apposed to two that are worth around 30%) and they are worth 70% and 50%. So they require a bit more effort haha. But I feel really happy to be away to do them, to lock myself up this week and know off a few thousand words.

2. Inspiration-
Today, I think because I felt so relaxed and capable for the first time in a few busy weeks, I had a huge rush of inspiration. A little bit of feeling free goes a long way. And all it took was hearing a snippet of a song and everything went from there. I have so many exciting ideas that I really want to develop. I honestly think there is no better feeling than inspiration. So I blasted that song loudly and drew and wrote and dreamt and lay in the sunshine streaming into my room. It was an amazing afternoon.

3. Plans-
Tonight, I needed to get myself organised and put things in my diary as I had this horrible feeling that I was planning things at the same time as each other and forgetting about it. And I remembered that I needed to call my friend Steph because we had talked about her coming home over easter and needing to catch up a few weeks ago but didn't organise anything concrete as we are both really busy. After looking in my diary I realised Easter is actually this weekend. Then just as I went to ring Steph, there was a message on my phone from her saying she had just got credit and is coming home tomorrow. So I rang her and we talked and organised and now I am picking her up from the airport tomorrow and we are going to hang out :D
Because Steph is a creative person as well and she had known me for so long and so well, talking to her about the things that really matter is always so awesome. I am just so excited to get to spend time with her.

And lately I have been trying to figure out what to do for my birthday. I'm turning 20 on the 7th of May and it seems like people are already planning their parties for June so I have been a bit worried about what I was going to do, where I was going to do it, who with and how I was going to fit it in to everyone else's equally as hectic lives. Mum and I discussed Dinners, family BBQs, house parties, nights out. And nothing just felt right. So tonight when I was on the phone I talked to Steph about it, and decided that it would be a cool idea for me to go and spend 5 days with her when she goes back to Uni on the Gold Coast.  So a little Queensland getaway. I talked to Mum and Dad about it and they said they thought it was a good idea too! I am so happy! Good things should be easy like this! And everything matches up so perfectly.

So here's to the people who loved you when you had terrible fringes and took silly photos like the one above with you. But most of all, the ones that make Mondays great.

10 comments:

  1. Hello! Very cute blog and very cute posts :) it's interesting to read them since I've never been to Australia and things that you say are slightly different than what I'm used to hearing, which is so intriguing! I hope that isn't weird. Feel free to check out my blog, too!

    ashley-ashstash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I just reread this, paying attention to my australianisms and things I say because I grew up in the country, and all I can say is I'm sorry if I make no sense! haha.

      Delete
  2. Oh how lovely! A little trip to QLD sounds perfect and I'm glad you're getting your inspiration groove back. You deserve a good break Meg, as well as a wonderful birthday! How exciting - you're leaving your teens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! :) I am so excited about it now!

      haha I am joining the 20s with you! Getting old :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I am on yours at the moment :) x

      Delete
  4. I used to love reading weeks! Hope you make the most of it ;) and good look with the essays.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I am so keen to be done with them!

      Delete
  5. I hope Queensland is a great little holiday for you. It'll be great to get away for a little while, especially with Uni being absolutely crazy!

    And I also hope the weather there will be equally great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeee I am so excited for the sun Jes!

      Delete

Do comment, and I will love you until the cows come home.